- This event has passed.
Yarn Drive Through/Pick Up – Sat March 28. Noon – 2:00pm
March 28 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
As many of you may already know, school closings in the area have been extended out until the middle of April. In keeping with From the Heart’s closing policy and in order to safeguard the health and welfare of our members, the decision has been made to keep the From the Heart workshop on Westbriar drive closed until at least Tuesday, April 14th.
We are aware this may create a “yarn crisis” for some people who will be mostly staying at home and spending lots of time continuing to create items for From the Heart. In order to try to help with that, I would like to arrange a yarn drive through/pick up event from noon until 2pm on Saturday, March 28th.
My plan is to go to the workshop at various times during the week, next week, and pack bags to place outside the workshop, in the back alleyway, for you to pick up during that time. I will need your assistance to know what to put in the bags, so I am requesting that you email me the following information prior to 8pm on Thursday 26th if you plan on picking up yarn on Saturday. You can contact me through the Contact Us link here. (*See below.)
- Your name
- What time you can come by. There will be 8 time slots, in quarter hour segments (so from 12 until 12:15pm, 12:15 – 12:30 pm and so on). I realize you may be a couple of minutes early or late, but I am trying to minimize the number of people arriving at the same time.
- If you need yarn
- What yarn you need by weight and color
- Weight = #4, #3 etc. or tell me if you want worsted, sport, chunky, etc.
- Color = one specific color or variegated
- A big bag of leftovers
- How much yarn you would like to get (limit 5 skeins per person)
- Any other information you might think pertinent
I will go to the workshop during the week, place yarn in bags, label the bag with the name of the person it is intended for. I will do my best to alphabetize them. I will be at the workshop from noon until 2pm so, if you absolutely need something, please knock on the back door to alert me you are there. Please do not just walk in as, again, we need to minimize the number of people in one place at one time. Also, it is important to note that there will be substitutions made in some cases. I will do my best to supply what you request but I cannot guarantee that you will get exactly what you would like.
When you arrive to pick up your yarn, you will not need to sign it out as I will maintain a list of who is requesting yarn and note it on the log-out sheet myself. Simply pick up your bag and take it home with you. I will place the bags outside with a distance between them. If it is raining, I will contact those who have requested yarn to let them know of any changes we need to make to the pick-up. I know it is not necessary to say this but if there is anybody else there when you arrive please greet them from a safe distance.
- Please do not bring completed items to donate when you pick up yarn. You will need to store those items at home until the workshop re-opens. We simply cannot afford the chance of storing anything in the workshop which may have been exposed to the virus.
- Just a quick note to mention that at least one study has indicated that this virus can stay active for up to 8 hours on a soft surface so, if you have any concern about picking up yarn, please keep it in your car overnight and, by Sunday, it will be fine. I am currently healthy but will wear a mask and gloves when bagging the yarn, just to be on the side of avoiding concern to any of you. I will ensure anybody helping me do the same.
Thank you so much for continuing From the Heart’s mission during this time. Once this passes, it will be lovely to see you all at the workshop again.
*Please note that you MUST BE A FROM THE HEART MEMBER to avail of this offer as ALL items created with yarn handed out at this drive/pick up MUST be returned as items to be donated to the communities in which we live. The link to join is HERE