Current Needs – January 2021
Please tag items before bringing them to the drop-offs. Please tie your tags in a BOW, not a knot, as the bow is easier for our recipients to undo. To print tags, go to:
Click on the “FTH Tags” tab and print on white card stock. Tags may also be picked up at any of our designated drop-off/pick-up events.
If you know of a need and can deliver any items yourself in the Richmond area, please let Lois (804) 305-4971) know what, and how many, you have delivered.
Richmond and Surrounding areas have a need for:
- Hats of ALL sizes, for both men and women, from baby sizes to adult. NO preemie hats.
- Mittens for both male and female, from small to X-large sizes
- Blankets of all sizes
- COVID-19 items, masks, ear savers, surgical caps continue to be needed
Fredericksburg/King George has a need for:
- Hats – all sizes, except baby, for males and females.
- Blankets of all sizes
- Walker totes – need both men and women (men’s is most asked for)
- Book totes for men
If you are in the Fredericksburg/King George area and have any of these items ready, please contact Pam (540)661-7967, to arrange for pick-up or delivery.
Patterns for most of these items can be found on our website, https://fromtheheartstitchers.org/patterns/ but feel free to make whatever you feel like making.
Click HERE for 2 hat patterns (1 knit and 1 crochet)
Click HERE for a circular knit mittens pattern.
Project Sizes, Supplies and Ongoing Projects
As always anything you want to make we can really use to help fill the bins in the shop and warm the hearts and bodies of those in need.
- Chemo Hats for Guys and Boys
- Socks for the Homeless – prefer white, non – Wool socks. Tube socks work well (no heels to deal with!)
- Chemo Blankets/Shawls 30″ x 48″
- Blankets for Hospice/Palliative Care 27″ x 36″ (No fringe, no tie on’s if wheelchair blankets)
- Lap/Wheelchair blankets Approx. 42″ X 36″
- Baby Blankets
- 32″ to 40″ square
- Rectangles from 32″ X 30″ and up
- Children’s blankets (for clutching or draggin’) 24″ sq up to 36″ or 40″ & not necessarily square
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit blankets Large and COLORFUL! (Just enough to cover the top of twin bed)
- Dialysis blankets: 60″ long. 30-32″ wide.
- Home Again (Battered Women and Children’s Shelter) large enough to wrap a small child in cold, drafty house
- Chemo Hats Small, medium and large sizes for both adults and children
- SPCA rounds or squares 15-18 inches up to 3 feet to fit crates using leftovers of mixed yarn, wool, blends, cotton or acrylics
- Squares 12 inches to be stitched together into blankets
- Infant Hats, Must be stretchy. Full term newborn needs to fit over a 5″ Styrofoam ball.
- Layette Sets Used as “take me home” outfits for newborns.
- Bears and Toys: New bears from Dollar stores, dressed with knitted or crocheted outfits. Given to sick, scared or needy children in ER, clinic, oncology, hospice and other areas.
- Items for use in Memory Care Units. Go to our Pattern Page and then click on either Knitted or Crocheted Patterns and, then, “Comfort Items” under the Knitted or Crocheted Patterns list.