Current Needs – September 2020
We are asking that you store any items you make, in your own home, until all the chaos around COVID-19 has settled down. We are requesting that you please tag items before bringing them in once we reopen. To print tags, go to the members’ page of this website and click on the 3rd item down. Tags should be printed on white card stock. Click HERE to be brought to the Member’s page. Tags may also be picked up at any of our designated drop-off/pick-up events
If you know of a need and can deliver any items yourself, please let Lois (804) 305-497) know what and how many you have delivered.
Richmond and Surrounding areas:
- Fabric Masks (please see article in this month’s newsletter)
- Blankets of at least 36” X 42” and larger
Fredericksburg/King George has a need for:
- COVID-19 Items (masks, ear savers, caps, etc.)
- Baby Blankets and Hats
- Shirt Protectors for men and women
- Fiddle Aprons and Mats
- Fabric Masks in Children’s Sizes (for boys and girls.) Please see article in this month’s newsletter.
If you are in the Fredericksburg/King George area and have any of these items ready, please contact Pam (540)661-7967, to arrange for pick-up or delivery.
Please click HERE for patterns for both a knit and a crochet blanket as requested for Richmond.
Project Sizes, Supplies and Ongoing Projects
As always anything you want to make we can really use to help fill the bins in the shop and warm the hearts and bodies of those in need.
- Chemo Hats for Guys and Boys
- Socks for the Homeless – prefer white, non – Wool socks. Tube socks work well (no heels to deal with!)
- Chemo Blankets/Shawls 30″ x 48″
- Blankets for Hospice/Palliative Care 27″ x 36″ (No fringe, no tie on’s if wheelchair blankets)
- Lap/Wheelchair blankets Approx. 42″ X 36″
- Baby Blankets
- 32″ to 40″ square
- Rectangles from 32″ X 30″ and up
- Children’s blankets (for clutching or draggin’) 24″ sq up to 36″ or 40″ & not necessarily square
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit blankets Large and COLORFUL! (Just enough to cover the top of twin bed)
- Dialysis blankets: 60″ long. 30-32″ wide.
- Home Again (Battered Women and Children’s Shelter) large enough to wrap a small child in cold, drafty house
- Chemo Hats Small, medium and large sizes for both adults and children
- SPCA rounds or squares 15-18 inches up to 3 feet to fit crates using leftovers of mixed yarn, wool, blends, cotton or acrylics
- Squares 12 inches to be stitched together into blankets
- Infant Hats, Must be stretchy. Full term newborn needs to fit over a 5″ Styrofoam ball.
- Layette Sets Used as “take me home” outfits for newborns.
- Bears and Toys: New bears from Dollar stores, dressed with knitted or crocheted outfits. Given to sick, scared or needy children in ER, clinic, oncology, hospice and other areas.
- Items for use in Memory Care Units. Go to our Pattern Page and then click on either Knitted or Crocheted Patterns and, then, “Comfort Items” under the Knitted or Crocheted Patterns list.