- This event has passed.
From the Heart Annual Retreat : Woodlands
October 2 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm$40.00
As you are all aware, we are planning From the Heart’s Annual Retreat “Woodlands” for Saturday October 2, 2021. The theme for this year is Woodlands so feel free to start planning your look now. The registration form is HERE and registration opens on July 1 and closes on September 15, after which time no refunds will be permitted. Substitutions will be allowed, however, for any reason. The registration cost for the Retreat is $40 which offsets the cost of renting The Place and pays for the sit-down lunch.
In light of the fact that we prefer that people not be too crowded together this year and not be handling the same cutlery as happens with a buffet, we have arranged with The Place for boxed lunches. There are three options, as listed on the Registration Form, and you should circle your choice when completing the form. If using the same form to register more than one person, please be sure to clearly note which person wants which option.
Our vendors, this year, will all be locally owned businesses
- Dances With Wool (Debbie Floyd) – yarn, patterns, and accessories for knitting and crocheting
- Sheila Weisensale’s Creations – cards, magnets, framed pictures created using flowers from Sheila’s garden along with her paper crafting skills
- Merry Soap Makers (Mary Atkins) -Natural, handmade soaps and lotions
- Ever Blooming – Glass Decorations for your Garden (Cas Schirra)
- Key Clayworks – hand thrown pottery including vases and yarn bowls (Keyser Glancy)
Our speakers will be
- Judy Jamison, MCV Volunteer
- Makita Byrd, Domestic Abuse Shelter/YMCA
- Bev Gibson or representative , Vessels of Mercy
- From the Heart Board Member, Navigating From the Heart through COVID-19
Our classes will be
- Lois Little , Make a Crocheted Snowflake
- Francine Nelson/Joyce Puller, Crocheted Mosaic Stitch
- Johnnie Wood, Russian Knitting
In addition to these speakers, vendors, classes, and seated boxed lunch, each attendee will receive a really nice tote bag and have the opportunity to win a door, a table and/or raffle prize. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5. We have been fortunate to have had many beautiful hand-made items donated to us for use as raffles, table prizes, and door prizes (see photo). We are also planning grab bags for $5 apiece of really nice yarn, at least two skeins per bag.
Our retreat is always (but especially this year) full of fun and camaraderie. Register soon so you won’t be left out